Casa Buena

My home, your home, and the world of business

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Networking for beautiful Russian wives

After posting recently about a social network for Jewish folk, I got to thinking more broadly about these networks. Talking about this with a Russian friend of mine, Olga, made me think to look specifically for social networks of expatriates. So I started looking...guess what?

I came across a Russian wives site! More than one, actually, but Loversplant.com was the most interesting. The brides' profiles are worth a read. You won't believe it when I tell you so, but: most of the brides are looking for a life partner. That's right, the whole life. To be honest, I think that Loversplanet.com might outstrip koolanoo in this regard. The site gives the definite impression that prospective Russian wives put marriage as their main priority (read: they put family before their career). Dating is a route to marriage and family, not a diversion.

Of course, it is hard to know whether the avowed interests of these brides will hold up on that fateful first date. But I have read in some places that the divorce rate in marriages with Russian women tends to be lower than with local marriages. So, if you are a family man, perhaps you should actually consider a Russian wife!

Link: Russian wives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home