Casa Buena

My home, your home, and the world of business

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Value of a view

Jerry and I have been in our new home for about a year now. It's been a long year. First, we had the move and attendant disruptions. Then 3-4 months of planning for renovation. Then 4-5 months of renovation and displacement. Then a new baby.

I'm bushed.

The point of all this renovation, by the by, was to improve our view. We removed the chimney and put in huge glass doors, giving us a long long view. Now, a year after the process started, it is starting to feel really *worth it*. Now, the construction is done. I wake up in the morning to silence and come out to the living room, stare at the view, and work. It is a joy.

I don't know how long I'll need to enjoy this view to make up for the months of inactivity. Probably for a decade or more. But I can now see it paying for itself over time, not in money, but in daily blissful contemplation.

I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home